Ginger graduated magna cum laude from Samford University with a degree in Finance, and attended Cumberland School of Law, graduating with a Juris Doctorate in 1992. Ginger completed a legal clerkship with the Harbert Corporation while in law school and following graduation went to work with her father in his general practice law firm, Tommy E. Hill Professional Association. In 2000, Ginger founded her own firm, Ginger H. Knight, Attorney at Law focusing her practice on estate planning, probate, business succession planning and small business client needs.
As her client base has aged, she has devoted more time to the unique needs of the elderly. Ginger enjoys serving both senior adults and their families, counseling them on their ever-changing life care planning needs.
Outside the practice of law, Ginger has enjoyed serving in many capacities and leadership roles at her church, Shades Mountain Baptist Church. She has been married to Tim Knight for over thirty (34) years and they have two grown daughters, Emily and Julie.
- Samford University (B.S. Finance, 1989)
- Cumberland School of Law (J.D. 1992)
- Alabama State Bar (1992)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Elder Law Section, Women's Section, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section, Solo & Small Firm Section, Taxation Law Section, Construction Industry Section, Dispute Resolution Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association Probate Section, Solo & Small Firm Section, Women's Section
- Shelby County Bar Association
- American Journal Book Award – Criminal Law
- American Journal Book Award – Domestic Relations
- Cordell Hull Teaching Fellow