Ben is the founder and managing partner of the 4:8 Legacy Group, LLP. He began practicing law in 1985 after receiving a Masters of Law in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
In 1994, he was awarded the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist designation (CEBS) from the Wharton School of Business and the International Society of Employee Benefit Specialist, the Certified Kingdom Advisor designation in 2005 (CKA®) and in 2011 he became an Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®).
In addition to practicing law for over 39 years as a probate, estate planning and elderlaw attorney, Ben's experience includes working for a Big 4 accounting firm in the tax department and serving as an officer in a international consulting firm.
He is a member of the Alabama and Birmingham Bar Associations, The Birmingham Estate Planning Council and the International Foundation of Certified Employee Benefit Specialist. He is also a founding member of the WealthCounsel, a national organization of estate planning attorneys.
- University of Alabama (B.S. Marketing Management, 1981)
- Cumberland School of Law (J.D. 1984)
- The University of Florida (LL.M in Taxation, 1985)
- Alabama State Bar (1984)
- Tennessee State Bar (1985) (Inactive)
- United States Tax Court
- “Veterans Administration Accredited”
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Elder Law Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Birmingham Estate Planning Council
- Financial Planning Association
- Kingdom Advisors
OTHER PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- CEBS – Certified Employee Benefits Specialist
- AIF® Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- CKA® Certified Kingdom Advisor
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Beyond the Veterans Benefit known as “Aid and Attendance” – The Alabama Lawyer (Nov 2015)
- National Business Institute – Veteran Benefit Basics
- 2012 Birmingham Magazine's Top Attorney – Probate